Becoming a foster parent is a great way to give an animal a second chance.
As wonderful as the Pets In Need facility is, the shelter environment is not a good place to house animals for long periods of time. That's why we rely on volunteer foster families and help us save more lives.
How to sign up
- Complete the foster application online.
- Our foster team will review your application and get in touch with any questions.
- Complete required orientation and training.
- You'll be added to our list of foster parents. When a litter of kittens or puppies or a cat or dog becomes available, we'll get in touch.
Why Do animals need foster care?
They're too young to be adopted.
A mother cat or dog needs a quiet home environment to nurse and care for her babies.
- They need time to recuperate from an illness or injury.
- They need extra love and socialization to get ready for adoption.
- They aren't thriving in the shelter environment.
Pets In Need provides all food, supplies, and medical care. You provide your home, time, and love.
As needed, you'll work with your foster pet on obedience, confidence, and manners.
You'll bring your foster pet to us when they need vaccines or medical care.
For puppies and kittens, you'll bring them to us to be spayed or neutered.
You'll help us market your foster pet on social media and in the real world.