Make a difference and help us save more lives by becoming a Pets In Need volunteer.
How to sign up
- Attend a 1-hour General Orientation. You’ll learn about Pets in Need, the roles currently available for volunteers, and alternative ways you can be involved.
- Fill out a volunteer application and submit a copy of your driver license. Expect to hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
- Schedule a time to participate in our basic training for new volunteers. You may also sign up for track-specific training, including workshops for Hiking Buddies/Mutt Strut and Playgroups.
- After your completion of general training, you will be an official PIN volunteer!
- For safety reasons, volunteers must be 18 years old or older. Those under 18 are invited to check out our Enrichment volunteering, Camp PIN Pals, and Teen Shadow programs.
- Must commit to volunteer for at least 6 months. Because of the staff resources required to train volunteers, we do not offer short-term volunteer opportunities for individuals. For info about corporate and workplace volunteering opportunities, please visit our corporate volunteer page.