The Crockett Memorial Fund provides financial assistance to low-income seniors who are unable to pay veterinary bills for their pets. This program was created by long-time board member Pat Sinclair to help seniors on a fixed income keep their pets healthy. We provide basic medical care at our Redwood City and Palo Alto shelters or financial assistance for specialized medical services from a private veterinarian.

Low-income seniors of San Mateo or Santa Clara counties who own pets that require medical care are welcome to apply for this program. 

* Note: Pet owners interested in receiving assistance through PIN’s Crockett Memorial Fund must apply in advance of any medical service or procedure provided. PIN will not pay for expenses incurred prior to approval. The amount of assistance provided will vary and is dependent on available funds.


Donate to the Crockett Memorial Fund

Help provide assistance to low-income seniors and their pets.

Give now →


Application Procedure

  1. Contact PIN during regular business hours by calling (650) 421-2268 or by emailing Jacqueline at Our administrative staff will provide you with information and answer questions.

  2. Print and fill out the application.
    Find the application here →

  3. Gather the required documentation and bring it, along with the completed application, to our shelter or send it via mail. Our address is 871 5th Avenue, Redwood City, CA, 94063.

Required Documentation

  • Proof of income, e.g., a copy of your most recent tax return or social security income statement

  • Proof of age and residency, such as your CA Driver’s License or state ID

  • Proof that you are the caretaker of the animal for which you are seeking assistance, e.g., adoption contract, rabies certificate or a note from your vet confirming you as the caregiver


To be eligible for financial aid from PIN’s Crockett Memorial Fund you must:

  • Qualify as low-income

  • Be 62 years of age or older

  • Be a resident of San Mateo County or Santa Clara County

  • Be the regular caretaker of the animal for whom you are seeking financial aid