Pets In Need’s medical operation is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association, a distinction given to fewer than 15% of veterinary clinics in the U.S.
Schedule an appointment for low-cost Spay/Neuter
Surgery appointments are available most Tuesdays, Thursdays, and occasionally Fridays. We allocate 100 surgeries each month and slots fill quickly.
Drop off time is at 8:00 am the day of the appointment and pick up time is 4:00 pm the same day. Note: If your animal is not picked up by 5:00 pm the day of surgery, your animal will be kept overnight and you will be charged with a $75 boarding fee.
- There will be a $50 deposit required per animal to schedule an appointment. The remaining balance must be paid the day of surgery.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required, otherwise the vaccination will be administered by PIN medical staff for an additional $15.
- No known health problems with your pet
- Minimum age for cats and dogs: 12 weeks old
- Maximum age for cats: 7 years old
- Maximum weight for female dogs: 50 lbs.
- Maximum weight for male dogs: 100 lbs.
- Maximum age for dogs: 7 years old for small breeds; 6 years old for large breeds
Deposit & Cancellations
There is a $50 deposit per animal required when booking a spay/neuter appointment. Deposit will go toward the surgery. The remaining balance must be paid when the animal is dropped off at the day of surgery.
The deposit will only be refunded if you call and cancel your appointment at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you fail to call and cancel/reschedule within 48 hours of your appointment or you do not show up for your appointment, the deposit will not be refunded.
Additional medical services
If you would like to take advantage of any of these additional medical services, please inform the Pets In Need staff member when you schedule your pet’s spay/neuter appointment.
- DAPP vaccine (distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza, and parvovirus): $15
- Bordetella vaccine (kennel cough): $15
- Canine Influenza Virus vaccine (dog flu): $20
- Rabies vaccine: $15
- FVRCP vaccine (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and pan leukopenia):$15
- FELV/FIV combo test (feline leukemia/immunodeficiency virus): $30
- Rabies vaccine: $15
Adult dogs/cats (6 months or older):
- No food after 10:00 pm the night prior to surgery
- Water through the night is okay, but should be taken away by 6:00 am the day of surgery
Kittens/Puppies (younger than 6 months):
- No need to restrict food or water
Pets In Need is committed to providing spay/neuter services to pets of California residents. We use our mobile surgical van to provide free spay and neuter procedures and low-cost clinics where the problem of animal homelessness is high. We partner with other organizations and rescue agencies to help promote our services and perform the procedures. Contact our medical department at (650) 367-1405 (Dial 2) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see when and where our next mobile clinic will be held.
We are an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital.
That means we hold ourselves to a higher standard. Pets are our passion. And keeping them healthy is our #1 priority. Here, we strive to deliver excellent care for pets. Because your pets deserve nothing less.
Learn more about AAHA accreditation and why our accreditation is important to you and your pet. Visit aaha.org/petowner.